Monday, November 12, 2007

Just got a Nintendo Wii

The last system that I ever owned was the Atari 2600. When EVERYONE got the Nintendo system back in 1989, I waited. When everyone got Sega, I waited. I waited on SNES, and waited on Nintendo 64. I waited on Playstation, Playstation 2, Xbox, Playstation 3, and Xbox 260. When I saw the Nintendo Wii, I had to have it.

Being very conscious of my spending, I found it hard to part with the $250 retail price then another $60 for an additional controller. So, my new idea is that whenever I want to buy something frivolous, I will need to sell something of similar value on eBay. I looked around my house for something worth approximately $250 and came across my old alto saxophone. I posted that bad boy up on eBay and a few days later, it sold for $225.

I don't have any other purchases planned in the near future, but will look to give this system a try for a little longer. It accomplishes 2 things:

1. I get instant gratification from my purchase
2. I'm de-cluttering my house

What should I buy next?

No comments: